Gallivan provides turnkey solutions for lenders, bankruptcy/restructuring professionals and business owners offering appraisals, business wind downs, and auctions with the goal of creating the best possible financial outcome.
We know that time is money. Auctions create the quickest turnaround for recovery than other methods. Gallivan utilizes a targeted marketing approach to attract the best buyers for your goods, which results in the highest prices obtained.
Effective marketing creates more buyers, and more excitement through competitive bidding, maximizing your financial return in a short period of time!
10 REASONS TO SELL AT AUCTION
- Speedy Process, Quick Turnaround – An auction is immediate. It happens during a set time and is completed during that time. It’s quick and efficient.
- You Set the Time and Place of Your Sale – It’s as simple as that. You work with the auction firm to schedule what works best for you.
- You Know Exactly When Your Property or Goods Will Be Sold – There’s no wondering whether or not your property will sell. It WILL sell and it will sell during the set auction time.
- Comprehensive Marketing of Your Property – Part of conducting an auction is marketing it to the general public to get as many people there as possible. Auctioneers have comprehensive mailing lists they use to market their sales. They run advertisements, distribute fliers and more. They are marketing specialists. A good marketing effort can easily bring 300 to 400 people to your auction, or more!
- Buyers Come Prepared to Buy – Auction goers come with money in their wallets, pockets and hands and are prepared to come home with property. It’s a seller’s delight. For real estate auctions this is especially advantageous because buyers must qualify to buy through a deposit of a certified or cashier’s check.
- No Negotiations – There is no haggling over price or merchandise. The auction method is quick and efficient. When people bid, they make a commitment to buy the property at that price without discussion or debate.
- No Leftovers and Little Clean Up – Every item at an auction goes up for bid and every item is sold. How many of you have ever had a garage sale and when you’re finished, you spend hours packing up what didn’t sell and looking for places to store it? With an auction, there’s no worry about what to do with leftover items because there aren’t any. This means very little clean up, also.
- Competitive Bidding – Auctions motivate buyers to perform. People get caught up in the competitiveness of the bidding and many times this drives the price of items higher. To some it’s like a game, and they want to win at all costs (or hopefully for you, at high costs!) And did you know that 9 times out of 10, an auction brings in the fair market value, if not more, for any item put across the auction block?
- Exciting Atmosphere – There’s no more exciting atmosphere than an auction. Crowds of people competing for property, combined with that lively auction chant makes for some great entertainment and fun. (Give them a sample of your chant.) It makes people feel good and makes them feel like spending.
- Auctions Work Well in Both Good and Bad Economic Times – People love auctions, because they love sales. Statistics show, in a good or bad economy auctions remain a steady force. When the economy is bad, the auction industry does not feel the impact: people still flock to auctions.
Gallivan exceeded my expectations for the auction and stayed within budget. I could not have been happier with the results.” – Paul Davis, First Tennessee Bank
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GALLIVAN AND THE COMPETITION
Gallivan takes pride in providing buyers and sellers with the best auction experience possible. Our product knowledge, experience, sale execution, superior marketing and online capabilities, create the best results for our clients, and a great buying experience for our customers. Gallivan outperforms most auction companies in these categories.
We know what we are selling and have over 19 years of experience conducting successful auctions to prove it. Gallivan employs industry professionals, with vast knowledge in many areas. We also have strategic alliances with experts in niche markets. We conduct thorough research on every asset type before we go to market. Our clients are assured that we will identify the right buyers, no matter how specialized the market or where the current market is, local, national or global!
AUCTION PREPARATION & PLANNING
Preparation for the auction makes a big difference! Little is ever discussed on this topic, which, if overlooked, can account for hundreds, or tens of thousands of dollars in lost auction sales. Many companies take shortcuts on preparation, which may save a few bucks up front. Gallivan makes certain that machinery and vehicles are prepped for sale, minor repairs made, and items are sold in the correct placement and quantities, so the highest prices can be obtained.
Gallivan has direct access to all the major marketplaces for business assets, whether it’s machinery, equipment, commercial real estate, retail or specialized industries. We are members of many leading business and marketing organizations. The investments we make in our education, training and associations ensures our sellers that their assets are promoted to the right buyers, and they receive the BEST service and results possible!
Because all collateral is distinctive and unique, it is necessary to have several auction types available to choose from.
In addition to traditional live auctions, we offer:
- Online sales
- Live on-site auction with simultaneous webcasts
- Timed online sales
- Inventory liquidations
- Going Out of Business (GOB) sales
- Private transactions
Gallivan develops tailored marketing strategies for each individual sale and the assets involved. With individual marketing plans, it allows us to designate the specific markets to target. By determining these targets, it allows us to make contact with the most qualified buyers to attend the auction and maximize your financial return.
Gallivan offers services besides the initial set up and execution of the auction event. We know that our clients require more and Gallivan is determined to do just that.
We offer an array of services that can be provided if needed:
- Equipment & Machinery Removal & Transportation
- A/R Collections
- Maintenance & Repair
- Building Security / Lockout
We want our clients to get the most for their assets. Thus, we go beyond what others do to ensure that each client has the opportunity to have the best financial return. Gallivan gives you peace of mind, knowing that your assets are secure, maintained, and in experienced hands throughout the entire auction process.
Business owners, attorneys, SBA, IRS, lenders, and turnaround managers all ask the same question…”What are these assets really worth?”
Gallivan has AMEA certified appraisers with worldwide experience. From small, local businesses, to large multi-location manufacturing plants across the globe, we employ the same rigorous standards of excellence for all appraisals!
REASONS YOU MAY NEED AN APPRAISAL:
• Allocation of Purchase Price
• Asset Based Lending
• Internal Planning
• Orderly & Forced Liquidation
• Turnaround & Workout
• Tax Purposes
• Office Technology
• Material Handling
• Other Business Types
WHY CHOOSE GALLIVAN?
The certified professionals at Gallivan have direct access to hundreds of sources, including our comprehensive in-house database. In addition to these sources, we network with other AMEA Certified appraisers coast-to-coast and worldwide in identifying current market industry trends. This allows for accurate fair market and liquidation values of machinery, equipment, and other business assets.
Professional expertise, over 50 years combined knowledge, and the continued education of our appraisers enables Gallivan to deliver a substantiated, irrefutable, defensible opinion of value that our clients can rely upon. All of Gallivan’s reports are consistent with the ethics and guidelines mandated by the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
You can count on Gallivan for professionalism, reliability, accuracy, and timeliness in all we do!
TYPES OF APPRAISAL REPORTS:
COMPLETE INVENTORY APPRAISAL
A full report including all limiting conditions, critical assumptions, detailed equipment listing with individual values, aggregate value totals, definitions of values, approaches to value, and photographs. This method and approach requires a detailed and inspection of all assets. It presents the highest level of appraiser inspection and verification.
NON-INSPECTED APPRAISAL (FORMER DESKTOP APPRAISAL)
An appraisal of limited scope where the appraiser estimates the value of the equipment from his workspace. This service is based upon information supplied to the appraiser, and without the benefit of a physical inspection of the equipment. Non-Inspected appraisals are common due to time, travel, and cost considerations.
CUSTOM MARKET ANALYSIS * NEW REPORT *
This new report is unique because it can be modified to fit your needs while providing a low cost alternative. There are times when a detailed report is not necessary, or economically feasible. Using a customer provided fixed asset listing combined with a brief inspection, we have the ability to provide a tailored report with abbreviated descriptions. This report is most effective for loan restructure and forbearance situations.
Convert your “ABA” filing to a detailed inventory listing and have a true understanding of what your collateral position is. This includes an asset schedule, which can be used to update your UCC filings. Values are not included in this report; however, it can be quickly converted to an appraisal if values are required at a later date.
The SBA report is a process in which we collect and assess information from your borrower on your behalf and issue a report to the bank which includes: a detailed listing of all personal property at your borrower’s location(s), one copy of the UCC filings showing all secured liens, photographs, and an estimated auction range of value on the entirety, not by the piece.